Options

ED Eric's back

Nova8221Nova8221 Posts: 1,477
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone else glad to see Eric reverting back to his nasty, conman ways?

This is the most interesting he's been in years. Reminds me of the old days.

Comments

• Options
    RoachfordRoachford Posts: 1,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why did Kerry sign that agreement? She was under no obligation to.
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roachford wrote: »

Absolutely no idea.
  • Options
    OrchideamOrchideam Posts: 5,495
    Forum Member
    I reckon it's lining up for a 'Who killed Eric' storyline. Already he has alienated 3 people nastily, and I think he's just got started.

Taking on Parkinson's is a hard task for the writers and actors, its a very, very nasty disease with approx 40 side effects - none of which are nice to live with. However, I havent seen anyone with it behave the way Eric is, and it's something I've been heavily involved with for the last 5 years.

• Options
    Forum Member

She should have just ripped it up. I would have.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orchideam wrote: »
    I reckon it's lining up for a 'Who killed Eric' storyline. Already he has alienated 3 people nastily, and I think he's just got started.

Taking on Parkinson's is a hard task for the writers and actors, its a very, very nasty disease with approx 40 side effects - none of which are nice to live with. However, I havent seen anyone with it behave the way Eric is, and it's something I've been heavily involved with for the last 5 years.

Eric is at the very early stages of it and doc told him it could be years before it fully develops by which time could be in his late 70s early 80s.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Matt35 wrote: »

Eric is at the very early stages of it and doc told him it could be years before it fully develops by which time could be in his late 70s early 80s.

My partner of 19 years was diagnosed 5 years ago, has been in hospital now for 7 months, and is at end of life care. The Doc told him exactly what Eric was told, and yes, some do have it for decades, but they are mostly young people caught early.
  • Options
    Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,976
    Forum Member

I thought it was dodgy as well, also when Eric told her to get a second opinion from his mate, would of got an independent opinion of my own especially considering Eric’s track record of conning people, though Kerry has always been a bit on the gullible side.
  • Options
    BlondeGremlinBlondeGremlin Posts: 5,665
    Forum Member

Eric is behaving the way he is as a form of control imo.

In the past he was a schemer, conniving, a good salesman and an altogether tricky customer. He was quite brutal at times and took no prisoners.

The last decade or so has seen him behaving very differently, he's more settled, more gentle and definitely kinder.

He struggled with his Parkinson's diagnosis and it made him feel old, weak and frail. He doesn't want to depend on anyone else, doesn't want to be seen as an elderly, vulnerable man.

When Amit attempted to scam Eric, he realised that he could easily have been a victim and he's not happy with that idea. It was an attack on his masculinity, his business acumen and the essence of who he is (or was). I believe that this sparked something in him, something that had been dormant for many years; the need to assert himself, show he's still got some fight in him and regain some control of his life.

I reckon we'll see more of the old, conniving, wiley Pollard that we have really seen lately and it's all down to him coming to terms with the fact that his body is betraying him
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,760
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fergie86 wrote: »

I thought it was dodgy as well, also when Eric told her to get a second opinion from his mate, would of got an independent opinion of my own especially considering Eric’s track record of conning people, though Kerry has always been a bit on the gullible side.

It’s been a long time before this when Eric was last conning people. I’m not surprised Kerry didn’t suspect a stitch up. He’s always been pretty straight with her
  • Options
    KevraniKevrani Posts: 587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

My partner of 19 years was diagnosed 5 years ago, has been in hospital now for 7 months, and is at end of life care. The Doc told him exactly what Eric was told, and yes, some do have it for decades, but they are mostly young people caught early.

Really sorry to hear that @Orchideam

My mum was diagnosed with PD in 2009, it progressed very slowly for her and she was still driving until a few years ago. Sadly, it's the dementia that took its toll and she's in a care home now.
  • Options
    ianradioianianradioian Posts: 74,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, I reckon they are going to kill Eric off as well, as a Whodunnit?
  • Options
    ss147ss147 Posts: 1,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Eric had virtually stopped conning people by the time Kerry arrived.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ss147 wrote: »

Eric had virtually stopped conning people by the time Kerry arrived.

Yes this is like the eric from years ago when he was pretty ruthless and would con his own friends for money. I don’t expect him to be killed off though unless the actor is leaving.
  • Options
    Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I am sorry to hear that, Orchiddeam; I hope you have family and friends to support you both.
  • Options
    tealovertealover Posts: 2,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Cos she's thick as 2 short planks.

In response to OPs question...I'm bloody delighted!! Waited a long time for this 😁

Now I'd like to see Kim do the same. Get rid of those hanger ons from Home Farm and get the thumb screws and evil eyebrow out!! And I'd love to ser Cain be hard again, far too soft these days
  • Options
    SilvergoldSilvergold Posts: 379
    Forum Member
    It's hard to feel sorry for Kerry as she actually stole the necklace in the first place.
  • Options
    nicoleJonicoleJo Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tealover wrote: »

Cos she's thick as 2 short planks.

In response to OPs question...I'm bloody delighted!! Waited a long time for this 😁

Now I'd like to see Kim do the same. Get rid of those hanger ons from Home Farm and get the thumb screws and evil eyebrow out!! And I'd love to ser Cain be hard again, far too soft these days

I would LOVE to see that happen. Kim still has some edge to her but she could definitely be more like the old Kim. Cain is such a drip nowadays. I don't want him to go back to the way he was in the classics because he was just insufferable back then, but I definitely miss the Cain from 2009 to 2012 ish. Good balance between bad and good.