Options

2023-2024 FA Cup TV Fixtures Thread

lufcfan1998lufcfan1998 Posts: 18,757
Forum Member
✭✭
edited 01/06/23 - 09:16 in Broadcasting #1
I know this season’s FA Cup competition isn’t over yet, but seeing as I’ve already started threads for next season’s Premier League TV Fixtures and next season’s EFL TV Fixtures as well, I thought I’d also do one for next season’s FA Cup TV Fixtures too!

Of course the matches will be mainly on BBC1 and ITV1/STV, although there will be a few matches on BBC2, BBC3, the BBC Red Button/BBC iPlayer and ITV4 as well. And of course there will be extra matches involving Welsh clubs will be shown on either BBC Wales or S4C.

Unfortunately, I do not know when the dates for the key rounds next season are yet, but as soon as these are announced, I will post them in here!

Comments

• Options
    EmilioLargoEmilioLargo Posts: 866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edited 01/06/23 - 05:19 #2
    I know this season’s FA Cup competition isn’t over yet, but seeing as I’ve already started threads for next season’s Premier League TV Fixtures and next season’s EFL TV Fixtures as well, I thought I’d also do one for next season’s FA Cup TV Fixtures too!

Of course the matches will be mainly on BBC1 and ITV1/STV, although there will be a few matches on BBC2, BBC3, the BBC Red Button/BBC iPlayer and ITV4 as well. And of course there will be extra matches involving Welsh clubs will be shown on either BBC Wales or S4C.

Unfortunately, I do not know when the dates for the key rounds next season are yet, but as soon as these are announced, I will post them in here!

I really can’t see the point in starting these threads so early. Or maybe we should have a 2032 Olympic Games broadcasting thread as well?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I really can’t see the point in starting these posts so early. Wh6 not open a 2032 Olympic Games broadcasting thread as well?

Because I was going to do it at the end of the month, but I couldn't wait!
  • Options
    skells22skells22 Posts: 1,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least it's up and ready. At least this time around there no world cup in the way for bbc and itv
  • Options
    Kevin1960Kevin1960 Posts: 5,624
    Forum Member
    edited 01/06/23 - 10:55 #5

I really can’t see the point in starting these threads so early. Or maybe we should have a 2032 Olympic Games broadcasting thread as well?

It's just what the OP does. ALL. OF. THE. TIME 🤷‍♂️

Note the time it was created too - 1:40am.
  • Options
    chrisfinchchrisfinch Posts: 5,743
    Forum Member
    Ooh, this is exciting!

Here’s some things that will annoy/worry me next season:
    - Wrexham getting picked for TV every match until they get knocked out
    - Man United getting picked for TV every match until they get knocked out, especially routine third and fourth round home ties v Bournemouth and Palace
    - Any team getting shown by the same broadcaster two rounds in a row
    - BBC going to Salford because it’s local to them
    - Any matches involving Welsh teams that aren’t televised on BBC Wales or S4C
    - The absolute panic about whether the BBC will delay the 10.00 news for a replay that goes to extra time or just move to BBC Two
    - Doing the draw on The One Show
    - What on earth ITV will do about matches on DOI Sundays
    - How the FA can justify semi finals at Wembley when there are NO TRAINS BACK TO THE NORTH
    - The sacrilege of the final starting at any time other than 3pm
    - Whether somebody will start the 2024/2025 thread in time

Think that’s everything, but I’m bound to have missed something
  • Options
    TLG86TLG86 Posts: 11,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    @chrisfinch - you can add "Why have the FA scheduled the third round replays in the middle of the Premier League Winter Break?"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kevin1960 wrote: »

Well I did tell you that I can't sleep during the night on days when I'm not doing anything.
  • Options
    Kevin1960Kevin1960 Posts: 5,624
    Forum Member

Well I did tell you that I can't sleep during the night on days when I'm not doing anything.

And you've been advised by others on your Insomnia thread, that looking at computer screens will make your situation worse.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

And you've been advised by others on your Insomnia thread, that looking at computer screens will make your situation worse.

Anyway, I've PM'd you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thinking it's itv turn for the drawing of the balls this season when we get to round 1 which is normally November time
  • Options
    Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skells22 wrote: »
    I thinking it's itv turn for the drawing of the balls this season when we get to round 1 which is normally November time

Indeed it is.

Obviously this won't prevent the question being asked before every single round.
  • Options
    wolvesdavidwolvesdavid Posts: 10,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I reckon it is a better thread when ITV do the draws though because it obviously means there is a wider range of programmes that can be suggested as to which program the draw will be done in.

I have to say with This Morning going through a tough time at the moment (to say the least) could they do the draw on This Morning to give the show a bit of a boost, and possibly save the entire show.
  • Options
    wolvesdavidwolvesdavid Posts: 10,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

There is some seriously good advice on the Insomnia thread, that the OP should use if he thinks he suffers from it. However, the people writing in that thread are wasting their time, because the OP has to be retold things several times in these football threads, and will end up ignoring that advice and repost another Insomnia thread in several months time.

I am glad I am not the only one who thinks this thread has been started way way way too early. No meaningful action for at least several weeks and on mainstream TV until at least October when the 1st round draw will be made (as I mentioned will it be on This Morning!)

I am aware I am posting at 1:21am as well, although I do not suffer from Insomnia!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

There is some seriously good advice on the Insomnia thread, that the OP should use if he thinks he suffers from it. However, the people writing in that thread are wasting their time, because the OP has to be retold things several times in these football threads, and will end up ignoring that advice and repost another Insomnia thread in several months time.

I am glad I am not the only one who thinks this thread has been started way way way too early. No meaningful action for at least several weeks and on mainstream TV until at least October when the 1st round draw will be made (as I mentioned will it be on This Morning!)

I am aware I am posting at 1:21am as well, although I do not suffer from Insomnia!

• Options
    JudioJudio Posts: 11,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It shouldn't ne long before the FA Cup actually starts

The Extra Preliminary round is on either Aug 5 or 12

Not sure if BBC show a game that early?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chelsea have confirmed the dates

Not sure of Rounds 1 and 2 yet

FA Cup - Sat Jan 6 - Third round
    FA Cup - Sat Jan 27 - Fourth round
    FA Cup - Wed Feb 28 - Fifth round
    FA Cup - Sat Mar 16 - Sixth round
    FA Cup - Sat Apr 20 - Semi-final
    FA Cup - Sat May 25 - Final (Wembley)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We might find out when round 1 and two are when next week league fixtures are said about (look for the gap)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FA have said this

On Friday 16 June, they shall be releasing the below information;

Round dates for The Emirates FA Cup, The Isuzu FA Trophy, The Isuzu FA Vase and The FA Youth Cup.
  • Options
    jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm surprised no one has had a go at predicting the Quarter Final TV picks yet.
  • Options
    Asb81Asb81 Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skells22 wrote: »
    We might find out when round 1 and two are when next week league fixtures are said about (look for the gap)

I’d be amazed if the first round isn’t scheduled for the first weekend in November.

Probably just a question with the second round of whether it’s on the weekends of November 25th or December 2nd - personally I prefer the second round to be played in December for that’s when it was traditionally was, but in recent times it has quite often been played in late November (including last year during the World Cup).
  • Options
    TheSubaru2012TheSubaru2012 Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edited 16/06/23 - 14:47 #22
    Here are the FA Cup 2023/24 dates:

Extra Preliminary Round - Saturday 5 August 2023
    Preliminary Round - Saturday 19 August 2023
    First Round Qualifying - Saturday 2 September 2023
    Second Round Qualifying - Saturday 16 September 2023
    Third Round Qualifying - Saturday 30 September 2023
    Fourth Round Qualifying - Saturday 14 October 2023
    First Round Proper - Saturday 4 November 2023
    Second Round Proper - Saturday 2 December 2023
    Third Round Proper - Saturday 6 January 2024
    Fourth Round Proper - Saturday 27 January 2024
    Fifth Round Proper - Wednesday 28 February 2024
    Quarter-final - Saturday 16 March 2024
    Semi-final - Saturday 20 April 2024
    The Final - Saturday 25 May 2024

The FA Community Shield will be Sunday 6th August at 5:30pm.

https://twitter.com/EmiratesFACup/status/1669706494881800192?s=20

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going by those dates I think itv will show the round one draw in October 15/16
  • Options
    PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fourth qualifying round on an international break weekend??
  • Options
    Mark FMark F Posts: 54,248
    Forum Member
    Noticed the FA Cup final and Championship play off are the same weekend .

Busy weekend for Wembley with the Champions league final week before too .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PhilH36 wrote: »
    Fourth qualifying round on an international break weekend??

Yes

Could help bring in some extra crowds....With no games to go and watch